· Richmond Hill is implementing pay parking at Lake Wilcox Park (which includes Oak Ridges Community Centre) to ensure Park visitors from outside Richmond Hill contribute financially to park monitoring and maintenance.
· Richmond Hill residents can obtain a free permit to park at the four Lake Wilcox Park parking lots. Permits are available online and will be available at municipal facilities (including community centres) when they reopen. Permits will be valid for the year in which they are issued.
· To obtain a free permit, Residents should visit Parking.RichmondHill.ca.
· If a Richmond Hill household requires more than one free permit for the Lake Wilcox Park parking lots, they can contact Parking at 905-771-8860. A valid reason is required.
· Pay parking is expected to launch July 22 and be in effect each year from April 1 to September 30.
· All vehicles will require a valid permit while parked within the four parking lots that serve the park: the lot at the splash pad, the north and south lots at the Oak Ridges Community Centre and the north gravel lot.
· Parking will cost $4 per hour at the Oak Ridges Community Centre and the north gravel lots. It will cost $5 per hour at the splash pad lot.
· Parking on residential streets within 500 metres of Lake Wilcox Park will be restricted to residents with a permit on weekends and statutory holidays from April 1 to September 30 each year.
· A free permit, that does not expire, has been provided by mail to residents of 17 streets within 500 metres of Lake Wilcox Park. Residents can provide this transferable permit to their visitors so they can park on the street with the same parameters as on other city streets. For example, the 3-hour maximum street parking limit and overnight parking restrictions will apply.
· Additional permits will be available online through RichmondHill.ca/Parking. These will be non-transferable permits valid for specific days. Residents can obtain as many of these permits as they need for free.
· Richmond Hill residents from outside the Lake Wilcox area can also obtain a standard temporary parking
permit for $5 to park on residential streets within 500 metres of Lake Wilcox Park on weekends and statutory holidays. These permits are linked to specific licence plates and expire after 24 hours. This is consistent with all areas of Richmond Hill.
· Regulatory signs are currently being installed on local area streets to notify drivers of the new parking restrictions.
· Lake Wilcox Park is one of Richmond Hill’s six Destination Parks and is intended for use by residents city-wide because of its unique amenities and location on the shoreline of Lake Wilcox.
· Public amenities at Lake Wilcox Park include the Oak Ridges Community Centre, waterfront walking path, splash pad, skateboard park and beach volleyball courts.
· Lake Wilcox Park attracts visitors from across Richmond Hill and beyond due to its unique combination of beautiful waterfront scenery and family-friendly amenities.
· Resident inquiries related to pay parking and permits should be directed to Parking at
905-771-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2018 Councillor Greg Beros - All Rights Reserved.